Easy Buttermilk Fried Chicken Strips
Yum! These Buttermilk Fried Chicken Strips are fried to a golden crisp and full of juicy flavors. You might want to double down for seconds!
- 2 pounds chicken tenderloins
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 heaping teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk
- 3 cups oil
Preparation time 130mins
Cooking time 150mins
In a medium bowl, mix buttermilk, salt, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and paprika to make the marinade.
Place chicken in a large bowl or a large Ziploc bag. Pour marinade over chicken and seal tightly. Keep in the refrigerator for 2 to 4 hours.
In a shallow dish used for dredging, mix the flour, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and baking powder. Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs also make good additions if you like. Then add buttermilk and combine until mixture is evenly clumpy.
Remove chicken from refrigerator and shake off buttermilk mixture. Dredge chicken in flour mixture and prepare to fry.
Heat oil in a large, deep and heavy skillet. When oil is hot and shimmering, carefully place coated chicken in hot oil and fry until golden brown and juices run clear.
Drain on paper towels
You'll also love
- Bacon and Sour Cream Chicken... 4.6/5 (32 Votes)
- Buffalo Chicken Pasta 4.6/5 (32 Votes)
- Cajun Chicken Wrap 4.5/5 (45 Votes)
- Classic Chicken and Dumplings 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Buttermilk Soaked Barbecued Chicken 5/5 (2 Votes)
- 3-Ingredient Teriyaki Chicken Wings 4.5/5 (42 Votes)
- Jack Daniels BBQ Boneless Chicken... 4.7/5 (24 Votes)
- Crispy and Tender Fried Chicken... 4.6/5 (30 Votes)