Chicken Breasts Stuffed with Goat Cheese and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil divided
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, divided
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 (6oz) skinless boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons water
Combine boiling water and tomatoes in a bowl; cover and let stand 30 minutes or until soft. Drain and finely chop.
Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 1/3 cup shallots, sugar, and garlic; cook 4 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring frequently. Spoon into a bowl; stir in 1 1/2 teaspoons vinegar.
Combine chopped tomatoes, shallot mixture, cheese, basil, and 1/4 teaspoon salt, stirring well.
Cut a horizontal slit through thickest portion of each chicken breast half to form a pocket. Stuff about 2 tablespoons cheese mixture into each pocket. Sprinkle chicken evenly with 1/2 teaspoon salt and black pepper.
Heat 1 teaspoon oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 6 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from pan; cover and keep warm. Add broth, remaining shallots, 2 tablespoons vinegar, and thyme; bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water, stirring with a whisk. Add cornstarch mixture to pan; bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute or until sauce is slightly thick, stirring constantly. Serve sauce over chicken.
Stuffed chicken breasts are a great way to add flavor and retain moisture in chicken. Use a paring knife to cut the small pocket into the chicken breasts
You'll also love
- Garlic-Lemon Chicken Breasts... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- PISTACHIO SMOKED SALMON SPREAD 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crunchy Oven-Fried Pork Chops 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Honey Orange Teriyaki Chicken 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Salad: Grilled Peach with Balsamic... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Herb Roasted Baby Boomer Potatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Skillet Tomato Mac with Cheese... 0/5 (0 Votes)