Smoked Chicken on the Big Green Egg
This same recipe can be used in a different smoker or grill that can regulate temperature and provide indirect heat for an extended period of time.
- 1 Chicken (4-5 lbs) - local free range
- 1/4 stick butter
- Kick'n Chicken Rub by Weber
1. Soak hickory wood chips for 30 min
2. Set up Big Green Egg with placesetter legs up for indirect cooking, get temperature between 225 and 250 degrees, add 3 handfulls of hickory chips to coals.
3. Rub butter all over the outside of the chicken, rub with plenty of Kick'n Chicken rub. Don't forget to put some rub on the inside of the chicken.
4. Place chicken on smoker with a drip pan under the grate and smoke for roughly 35-45 minutes per pound.
5. Check temperature with a meat thermometer. When breast is 160 degree and thighs are 170 it is done.
smoked chicken big-green-egg