Roasted Butternut Squash Ravioli With Sage Brown Butter Sauce
- 9 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 cup roasted butternut squash puree
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground white pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, plus 2 ounces
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 recipe Basic Pasta Dough rolled wide ribbons, about 1/4-inch thick
- 12 fresh sage leaves
- 1 tablespoon finely-chopped fresh parsley leaves
In a large sauté pan, over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter. Add the shallots and sauté for 1 minute. Add the squash puree and cook until the mixture is slightly dry, about 2 to 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the cream and continue to cook for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in 3 tablespoons cheese and nutmeg, to taste. Season with salt and pepper. Cool completely.
Cut the pasta ribbons into 3-inch squares. Place 2 teaspoons of the filling in the center of each pasta square. Bring 1 corner of the square to the other, forming a triangle and seal the pasta completely. Add the pasta to pot of boiling salted water. Cook until al dente, about 2 to 3 minutes or until the pasta floats and is pale in color.
Remove the pasta from the water and drain well. Season the pasta with salt and pepper.
In a large sauté pan, melt the remaining 8 tablespoons of butter. Add the sage to the butter and continue to cook until the butter starts to brown. Remove from the heat.
Place some of the pasta in the center of each serving plate. Spoon the butter sauce over the pasta. Sprinkle the 2 ounces of cheese over each plate and garnish with parsley.
This recipe yields 4 appetizer servings.
You'll also love
- Roasted Garlic Polenta Napoleon 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Holiday Turkey With Apple-Pear... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Broccoli And Goat Cheese Quiche 3/5 (1 Votes)
- Macaroni Grill's Balsamic... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Broken Noodles 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Buca Di Beppo's Macaroni Rosa 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Zucchini Pimento Relish 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pasta With Butternut Squash And... 0/5 (0 Votes)