Polenta Olive Tapenade Bites
Bit size polenta bites topped with an olive tapenade are easy peasy to make, creamy in the middle, and crisp on the top. Polenta Olive Tapenade Bites are the most delicious way to start your next dinner party or celebratory event. These classy appetizers are filled with the flavors of smooth polenta with crisped edges, fresh parsley, and rich olives, for an appetizer that is sure to please all of your guests.
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking polenta
- 4 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- olive oil to grease pan
- vegan olive tapenade
- cherry tomatoes, slow-cooked or raw
- fresh parsley, chopped, to garnish
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 80mins
Adapted from coconutandberries.com
Lightly grease a square brownie pan with olive oil.
Bring the vegetable broth to the boil, turn the heat down to a simmer and add the polenta. Whisk vigorously as it will thicken immediately. Keep whisking to remove any lumps.
Once very thick, pour into the prepared pan and smooth out the top. Set aside to cool and then refrigerate for at least an hour until firm.
Slice the polenta into small squares, brush with a little olive oil and place under the grill (broiler) for a few minutes until crisp.
Top each square with a heaped teaspoon of tapenade and half a cherry tomato.
Sprinkle with parsley and black pepper to serve.
You'll also love
- Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese... 4.3/5 (23 Votes)
- Applesauce Cranberry Muffins 4.2/5 (23 Votes)
- Garlic Parmesan Crusted Roasted... 4/5 (23 Votes)
- Arkansas Green Beans 4.2/5 (21 Votes)
- Apple Pie Moonshine 3.8/5 (132 Votes)
- Mice & Cheese Appetizer 3.9/5 (67 Votes)
- Easy Feta Dip 4.1/5 (29 Votes)
- Olive Garden Baked Parmesan Shrimp 4.4/5 (14 Votes)