Tomato Salad with Pistachios
This is a take on a recipe from something I saw in Food and Wine Magazine. I modified it to my taste.
- 3/4 cup of unsalted pistachios (lightly toasted)
- 1 lb of tomatoes, finely chopped (best with a mix of red, yellow and orange heirloom tomatoes)
- 3 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup of mint leaves
- 1/2 of a english cucumber cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- 1 jalapeno seeded and finely chopped (more or less to suite your taste)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar or pomegrenate molasses
- 1/8 cup of olive oil
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar or molasses with the olive oil until blended. Season the dressing with salt and pepper to taste.
In a large bowl, toss the tomatoes with the scallions, parsley, mint, cucumber and jalapeños. Add the dressing and toss well. Sprinkle the pistachios over the top and serve.