Sesame Noodles Appetizer Recipe
I adapted the recipe from an old newspaper clipping of this recipe that came from a restaurant that is no longer in business. I think the clipping was about 30 years old, it was all faded and torn. I adjusted a few of the ingredients for taste and eliminated a few things. It is a great recipe and I use it quite often.
- ◾3 Cups Cantonese Noodles, cooked
- ◾2 Tablespoon Rice Wine Vinegar
- ◾1 Tablespoon Oyster Sauce
- ◾2 Tablespoons Sesame Oil
- ◾3 Tablespoons Peanut Butter
- ◾1 Teaspoon Sugar
- ◾2 Teaspoons Hot Chili Oil
- ◾1/4 Cup Shredded Carrots
- ◾1/2 Cup Green Onions, diced
- ◾1/4 Cup Sesame Seeds, toasted (plus 2 Tablespoons for garnish)
Adapted from hotdishhomemaker.com
1. Whisk together the Vinegar, Oyster Sauce, Sesame Oil, Peanut Butter, Sugar and Chili Oil, in a small glass bowl. Then place in the microwave for 1 or 2 minutes just to soften the Peanut Butter, then stir again until smooth.
2. In a large bowl stir the Noodles and Sauce together ensuring all the Noodles get coated with the Sauce.
3. Fold in the Carrots, Green Onion and 1/4 Cup of the Sesame Seeds.
4. Garnish the top with the extra Toasted Sesame Seeds.
Recipe by: Hot Dish Homemaker