Seared Sea Scallops with Pomegranate-Dressed Salad
This scallop & salad combo is as tasty as it is beautiful! With a mix of fruity and herbaceous, sweet and savory, this dish is sure to leave an impression.
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground fennel seed
- coarse salt and ground white pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 16 medium-sized scallops
- 1 bulb fennel, tough outer leaves discarded, halved lengthwise, cored, and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 bunch arugula, tough stems discarded, well washed (2 cups)
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh pomegranate seeds, for garnish (optional)
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from wholeliving.com
In a large bowl, whisk together pomegranate molasses, olive oil, ground ginger, and ground fennel; season with salt and pepper.
In a large nonstick skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Season scallops with salt and pepper. When the oil is very hot, add as many scallops as will fit in a single layer, with at least 1/2 inch of space between them, and cook without turning until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Turn scallops over and cook 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until centers are slightly translucent. Repeat with remaining scallops.
Whisk dressing to combine. Add fennel, arugula, parsley leaves, and chives. Toss well. Add avocado and toss again. Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
To serve, put the salad in the center of a platter and arrange scallops on top. If desired, garnish with pomegranate seeds.
You'll also love
- Shrimp & Grits with Tomatillo Sauce 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Prime Rib for Two 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Strawberry Icebox Cake Recipe (No... 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Low Carb GF Strawberry Pie 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Thai Salmon Burgers 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Mango Shrimp Tacos (or Salad) 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Bay Scallop Gratin 4.3/5 (36 Votes)
- Pomegranate Moscow Mule 4.6/5 (9 Votes)