Roasted Sweet Potato & Black Bean Quesadillas
I eat this for dinner on the weekend. I’ve been eating it for months. I can’t stop.
- 1 large, or 2 medium sweet potatoes washed, peeled, and cut into small cubes
- drizzle of olive oil
- generous pinch of salt
- 1/2 t pepper
- 1 quantity homemade refried black beans
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 4 oz. goat cheese, crumbled
- 4 oz. sharp cheddar, grated
- 4 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- hot sauce + salsa to serve
Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Toss sweet potato cubes with olive oil, salt and pepper, making sure every cube is evenly coated. Pour onto the prepared baking sheet so that they’re in a single layer. Place in the oven for about 40 minutes, mid-way through roasting take them out and stir them a bit on the sheet. While the sweet potatoes are roasting, make your refried black beans.
When the potatoes are crispy and roasty-toasty-good, assemble the quesadillas. Spread the refried black beans on the bottom half of all four tortillas. Top with sweet potatoes, goat cheese, avocado slices, and cheddar. Fold over and press together.
Spray a large skillet or grill pan with cooking spray and warm over medium heat. Place the quesadillas on the pan and heat until crispy and cheese is melty. Flip and cook until the opposite side is crispy as well. Transfer to a cutting board. Slice and serve with hot sauce and salsa.
You'll also love
- Apricot Shortbread Cookies 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- Broccoli & Cranberry Salad 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Tomato Basil Soup 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Baked Herb and Parmesan Potato... 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Scalloped Potatoes and Ham 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Toasted Quinoa Salad with Scallops... 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Casserole 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Buffalo Fries 4.3/5 (16 Votes)