Corn Meal Crusted Red Snapper
- 2 slices of fresh red snapper fillets
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 cup of oil
- 1/2 cup of white corn meal
- 1/2 cup of bread crumbs
Adapted from foodgawker.com
1.Season the fillets with the salt, black pepper and Cajun seasoning. Set aside to marinate for a few minutes while you heat the oil.
2.Heat oil in a frying pan wide enough to hold the fillets.
3.Mix the corn meal and bread crumbs together in a separate dish.
Take each fillet and dredge it into the breadcrumb’s until both sides are fully coated.
Once the oil is hot…it has to be hot or the fish will be soggy and not crispy.
Place each fillet in to fry. Fry 2 minutes per side and until it is golden brown.
Drain on paper towels.
Serve with lemon wedges/tartar sauce, and a fresh green salad.
You'll also love
- Pineapple Upside Down Bundt Cake 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Yellow Squash Muffins 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Fennel-Coriander Top Sirloin Roast 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Salmon Burgers with Wasabi Mayo 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Soy-Glazed Black Cod 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Luck o' the Irish Corned Beef &... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Snapper Francese 3.9/5 (12 Votes)
- Red Snapper Fillet with Coconut... 4.3/5 (6 Votes)