Easy Fresh Tomato Sauce with Macaroni
Rate this recipe 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- 1/2 jalapeño – diced with seeds
- 1/2 onion – diced
- 3 – 4 vine ripe tomatoes – diced
- 3 cloves garlic – chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh Italian parsley
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tbs. butter
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- Fresh grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 1 lb. of your favorite macaroni
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from livingthegourmet.blogspot.com
Heat a large frying pan with the olive oil. Add the jalapeño, onion, garlic, parsley and tomatoes. Sauté until the onion is softened and the garlic is fragrant.
Add the butter and the chicken broth and continue to cook on a gentle heat.
Prepare the macaroni as directed and lift, draining as you do, into the tomato sauce.
Garnish is with a drizzle of olive oil and fresh grated cheese, fresh black pepper and a nice crusty loaf of bread.
You'll also love
- Smokey Chipotle Pork Chops 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Kale, Cabbage and Broccoli Slaw 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Bell Pepper Pizza 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Herb & Parmigiano Crusted Tilapia... 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Spring Orzo 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Penne Primavera with Avocado... 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Chicken Puttanesca with Spaghetti... 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- Fresh Tomato, basil and ricotta... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
Review this recipe