Smokey Chipotle Pork Chops
Pork chops~~easy seasoning, easy prep, easier cooking. What more do you want! Then after they’re all done…yep, with those cool grill stripes from the cast iron skillet…I like to slice these smokey chipotle pork chops at an angle and serve atop something yummmeeee~~think mashed taters, corn/kale combo (like you see here, and, yes, there’s a recipe for this boho mixture!), a turnip or cauliflower puree, black rice, whatever.
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chili pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground pepper
- 2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2-3 boneless thick pork chops (about 1 to 1.25 total pounds~~about 1.5 to 2″ thickness)
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from allyskitchen.com
In a small bowl, mix the chipotle, paprika, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce and olive oil. Blend well. Put the pork chops in a pie plate and cover with the sauce, flipping and coating all sides. Refrigerate and marinade for about 30+ minutes.
Coat a cast iron skillet well with cooking spray. Turn heat to medium high and let it get hot. Put the pork chops in (do not crowd) and cook on each side about 4 minutes varying heat flame between medium and medium high Remove to a cutting board covered with parchment paper. Deglaze the skillet with about 1/3 cup of water then pour this ‘au jus’ into a container for serving with chop if desired. Cover the chops with a lid and let rest about 5 minutes. Slice at an angle and serve.
You'll also love
- Kale, Cabbage and Broccoli Slaw 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Bell Pepper Pizza 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Low Carb Irish Soda Bread 4/5 (15 Votes)
- Low Carb Curried Chicken Salad 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Cherry Bonbon Cookies 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Filipino-Style Chicken Curry 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Herbed Sausage Pan Pizzas 4.2/5 (10 Votes)
- Pork Piccata 4.4/5 (9 Votes)