Apple Cider Jus
One of the reviews at Epicurious said of the sauce for this pork,”I could drink it with a straw.” This sauce is used for Roasted Pork Belly or any other Pork recipe.
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 6 whole allspice
- 3 large fresh thyme sprigs (or a big rosemary sprig)
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 bay leaf
- 5 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- Salt & pepper
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 60mins
While roasting your Pork Belly, in a medium saucepan mix first eight ingredients (apple cider, chicken broth, chopped onion, allspice thyme sprigs, cinnamon sticks, apple cider vinegar and bay leaf).
Boil until mixture is reduced to 1 1/2 cups, about 30 to 40 minutes.
Strain, pressing on solids to extract liquid and discard solids.
Return liquid to saucepan and boil until reduced to 1/2 cup, about 10 minutes.
Whisk in the butter and season with salt and pepper, if needed.
When pork is finished cooking, set a side and covered, pour any pork drippings from the rested meat into the cider sauce.
When serving, pour some sauce over pork.
You'll also love
- Red Lentil Soup with North African... 3.4/5 (119 Votes)
- Coca Cola Cake using Box Cake Mix 3.8/5 (105 Votes)
- Mongolian Shrimp Recipe 3.4/5 (34 Votes)
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies with... 3.6/5 (99 Votes)
- Lemon Chicken Romano 4.2/5 (17 Votes)
- Sweet Christmas Pickles 3.8/5 (22 Votes)
- Roasted Brussel Sprouts with... 3.4/5 (55 Votes)
- Whole Hog Potato Salad 3.9/5 (89 Votes)