Asparagus, Corn and tomato salad
great, refreshing summer time salad
- 1 lb bunch of asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1" pieces
- 1 lb of frozen sweet corn thawed
- 2 pints of cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 green onions sliced thin
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 6 tbls white wine vinegar
- 2 tbls whole grain mustard
- 2 teas honey
- salt and pepper to taste
boil a large pot of water, add asparagus, when water starts to bil again remove asparagus and drop into an ice bath. Drain and place in a large bowl.
Add thawed corn, onion, tomatoes and basil to asparagus.
In a small bowl whisk olive oil and remaining ingredients. Add to asparagus and toss gently. Cover and refrigerate for 30 mins before serving.