Patty's Corned Beef & Cabbage in Cast Iron Pot
Corned beef and cabbage isn't just for St. Patrick's day. It is a warm and filling meal any time of the year!
- 3 pounds corned beef, in package
- 10 whole cloves
- 1/4 cup hot sweet honey mustard
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup water
- 8 small white potatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 head of cabbage, cut into 8 wedges
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 180mins
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Drain the corned beef from the package and discard the spice packet.
Lay corned beef, fat side up, in a pot or cast iron dutch oven. Add a bay leaf and water to the pot. Insert the cloves into the top of the slab of corned beef, evenly spaced. Spread the top with the hot sweet honey mustard. Sprinkle brown sugar over the top.
Cook for two hours at 350°F. After 30 minutes of cooking, add the small white potatoes, cut in half.
At two hours, the corned beef should be tender. Remove it from the pot and wrap in foil while you cook the vegtables.
Add the cabbage to the pot. Taste the liquid. If it is too salty, add more water to the pot. Raise the heat until the liquid is simmering well. Simmer until the cabbage and any other vegetables are cooked through, 15-30 minutes.
Place vegetables in a serving bowl, add a little of the cooking liquid to the bowl.
You'll also love
- Slow-Roasted Andalusian-Style Lamb... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Banana Puree 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Linguine With Butter-Poached... 4.3/5 (16 Votes)
- Beef Stroganoff 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Pampered Chef Corn on the Cob 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Amish Potato Corn Chowder 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Inside-Out Cabbage Rolls 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Chicken Vegetable Soup with... 5/5 (1 Votes)