Cilantro-Lime Jalapeno Chicken Salad
- 3 large chicken breasts
- poaching liquid (chicken stock, water, carrots, celery, onion, thyme, bay leaf, peppercorns)
- 1 jalapeño diced (with seeds scraped out)
- 4 Tbs cilantro coarsely chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/4 red onion diced fine
- 1/3 cup mayo (plus a little more if needed)
- 1 Tbs Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp cumin
- salt and pepper
- 2 ripe avocados (or for a sandwich good French or Italian bread)
Adapted from dailycrave.wordpress.com
Season chicken with salt and pepper and *poach. Remove chicken from liquid and shred with a fork.
Once chicken has cooled add mayo, Dijon, cumin, lime juice, salt and pepper and incorporate. Add more mayo and lime if necessary. Mix in red onion, jalapeño and cilantro. Cool in fridge for several hours to let flavors merge and serve with avocado or for a sandwich on French bread with a slice of provolone.
*To Poach – In a medium pot add chicken breasts to the poaching liquid. The chicken should be completely immersed. Bring to a boil and then immediately reduce heat and partially cover. Reduce heat to a simmer for 10 minutes (be sure to just simmer and not boil….and no longer than 10 minutes since you don’t want the chicken to turn “rubbery”). Remove from heat and let chicken remain in the liquid for about 15 minutes. Reserve the liquid for future use.
You'll also love
- Crowd-Friendly Chicken Cordon Bleu... 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Baked Cream Cheese French Toast... 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Mesquite-Smoked Beer Can Chicken 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Ultimate Chicken Pasta Salad 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Easy Mexican Chicken Casserole 3.6/5 (256 Votes)
- Avocado Stuffed Chicken Breast 4.3/5 (14 Votes)
- Chicken Salad with Wild Rice 4.4/5 (8 Votes)