Quick & Easy Teriyaki Sauce
One work-night evening, my son asked if I could make teriyaki chicken... only I didn't have teriyaki sauce. I found this easy recipe on food.com, with pantry staples that I had on hand. So, maybe this recipe doesn't use fresh ground ginger or mirin - and isn't exactly authentic Japanese - but I have to say that it was delicious and fulfilled my son's wish as I glazed it onto grilled chicken. Super easy! I will never buy bottled teriyaki sauce again!
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 5 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1 to 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 10mins
Adapted from foodiewife-kitchen.blogspot.com
Mix all but the cornstarch and 1/4 cup water in a sauce pan and begin heating.
Whisk the cornstarch and cold water in a cup to dissolve. Add to sauce in pan.
Heat until sauce thickens to desired thickness.
Add water to thin if the sauce over-thickens.
For a quick dinner, grill chicken and baste towards the end.
You'll also love
- Peaches & Cream No Bake Cheesecake 4.5/5 (90 Votes)
- Olive Garden Pasta Fagioli Soup in... 4.5/5 (96 Votes)
- Honey Garlic Pork Chops 4.5/5 (93 Votes)
- Crockpot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (94 Votes)
- Weight Watchers Breaded Chicken... 4.6/5 (94 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings 4.6/5 (84 Votes)
- Vanilla Bourbon Caramel Sauce 4.6/5 (78 Votes)
- Texas Roadhouse Steak Seasoning 4.2/5 (113 Votes)