Quick & Easy Teriyaki Sauce
One work-night evening, my son asked if I could make teriyaki chicken... only I didn't have teriyaki sauce. I found this easy recipe on food.com, with pantry staples that I had on hand. So, maybe this recipe doesn't use fresh ground ginger or mirin - and isn't exactly authentic Japanese - but I have to say that it was delicious and fulfilled my son's wish as I glazed it onto grilled chicken. Super easy! I will never buy bottled teriyaki sauce again!
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 5 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1 to 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 10mins
Adapted from foodiewife-kitchen.blogspot.com
Mix all but the cornstarch and 1/4 cup water in a sauce pan and begin heating.
Whisk the cornstarch and cold water in a cup to dissolve. Add to sauce in pan.
Heat until sauce thickens to desired thickness.
Add water to thin if the sauce over-thickens.
For a quick dinner, grill chicken and baste towards the end.
You'll also love
- Apple Pie Bites 4.4/5 (108 Votes)
- Painkiller Cocktail 4.5/5 (96 Votes)
- Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls 4.3/5 (115 Votes)
- Crock Pot Pineapple Chicken with... 3.9/5 (196 Votes)
- Papa John’s Garlic Dipping Sauce 3.9/5 (510 Votes)
- Chicken Broccoli Rice & Cheese... 4.4/5 (97 Votes)
- Creamy Mushroom, Onion & Garlic... 4.2/5 (101 Votes)
- Chicken Alfredo - Instant Pot 4.3/5 (92 Votes)