Mushroom, Asparagus, Gruyere & Egg Casserole
Feel super fancy with this Mushroom, Asparagus, Gruyere & Egg Casserole. This is perfect for breakfast, brunch, or dinner! Pair it with your favorite starchy sides, like has browns or potato wedges.
- 8 large eggs
- 1 (approximately 1 pound) bunch fresh asparagus , rinsed, trimmed and cut into 1 & 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 to 4 (about 1/2 cup) ounces sliced mushrooms
- 3 ounces grated Gruyere, divided
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 controlled splash of dry white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon Herbes de Provence
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Adapted from inncuisine.com
Gently steam asparagus pieces for approximately 3 minutes, remove from heat and set aside. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F for baking. Spray your favorite casserole dish (approximately 9&1/2″ x 9&1/2″ x 1&1/2″ in size) with non-stick cooking spray.
In a large bowl, break eggs and whisk gently. Add 2 ounces grated Gruyere (reserve remaining for garnish), minced shallot and garlic, splash of dry white wine, Herbes de Provence, salt and freshly ground black pepper; whisk until ingredients are thoroughly combined. Stir in steamed asparagus and sliced mushrooms.
Pour egg mixture into prepared casserole dish and place on center rack of preheated, 350 degree F oven; bake for approximately 30-35 minutes (depending on size and depth of your casserole dish and accuracy of your oven). Casserole is done when eggs are set in the middle, i.e. eggs no longer jiggle when casserole dish is moved back and forth.
When eggs are set, remove casserole dish from oven and and sprinkle with remaining ounce of grated Gruyere. Cut into 4 large wedges (or 6-8 smaller ones) and serve warm.
Pair with warm, crusty bread and a mixed green salad or fruit. Optional, top bread and salad with a slight drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and a bit of grated Gruyere if desired. Enjoy!
You'll also love
- Irish Soda Bread with Raisins and... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Beer-Braised Sausages and... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Garlicky Black-Pepper Shrimp &... 3.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Garlic and Dried Tomato Bread -... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Chicken Marsala 4.4/5 (50 Votes)
- Double Mushroom Soup 4.5/5 (38 Votes)
- Asparagus and Pesto Mac and Cheese 4.9/5 (7 Votes)