Mexican Zucchini Soup
I love this soup served with warm flour tortillas!
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoons vegan margarine
- 2 cups vegetable bouillon
- 2 cups zucchini, diced in small pieces
- 1 & 1/2 cups corn kernels
- 3 tablespoons jalapeno peppers, finely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup soy yogurt
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast or soy Parmesan
- minced fresh parsley and ground nutmeg as optional garnish
Adapted from hppt
1.Saute the onion in the soy margarine until it is glassy, about 3 minutes.
2.Add the minced zucchini pieces and saute until they begin to soften.
3.Stir in the vegetable bouillon, corn and jalapeno’s and black pepper.
4.Bring the soup to a gentle boil , reduce the heat and cook until the corn and zucchini are soft but not mushy.
5.Remove from the heat.
6.Add the soy yogurt and nutritional yeast of soy cheese.
7.Optionally garnish the soup with parsley and nutmeg.