Steamed Chicken Breast with wine, sesame oil & scallions
Steamed chicken breasts with a tasty sauce drizzled over. These chicken breasts are very tender.
- 1/4 teas kosher salt
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 2 1/2 lbs.)
- 2 c white wine
- 1 teas black peppercorns
- 1-inch thick coin of peeled ginger root
- 2 teas grated and peeled ginger root
- 2 garlic cloves, 1 minced, 1 smashed and peeled
- 1/4 c soy sauce
- 2 scallions, white and green parts, thinly sliced, plus more for garnish
- 1 1/2 teas rice vinegar
- 3 T peanut or canola oil
- 1 teas Asian sesame oil
Sprinkle the salt over all the chicken breasts In a large soup pot set with a steamer basket, bring the wine, peppercorns, ginger root coin, and smashed and peeled garlic to a simmer. Gently lay the chicken breasts in the steamer basket in one layer, cover the pot tightly, and steam until they are just cooked through 12-20 minutes.
Meanwhile in a small bowl, stir together the grated ginger, minced garlic, soy sauce, scallions, and vinegar. Stir in the peanut oil and sesame oil. Slice the chicken breasts thin, then drizzle with the sauce. Garnish with scallions