Coconut Cauliflower and Chickpea Soup
- 1 small cauliflower, including leaves
- 1 medium onion
- 300 ml spring water
- 250 ml tomato paste
- 125 ml coconut cream
- 100 g chickpeas (about 1/2 a tin)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Small handful of fresh basil
Adapted from onegreenplanet.org
Chop onion and sauté in a medium sized pan with olive oil for a couple of minutes.
Chop cauliflower and any tender cauliflower leaves and toss into the pan, adding all other remaining ingredients.
Bring to the boil and gently cook for about 20 minutes (or until the cauliflower is soft).
Take off the heat. If you have a hand blender then pop it in the pan and pulsate the blade with one or two quick presses. Or use a regular ‘jug’ blender by scooping a couple of ladles worth in and giving it a whirl before adding it back to the remaining soup. Blending like this gives the soup a little more desirable thickness. Blending is not compulsory.
Finally, gently tear basil, toss in the pan, give a quick stir and then serve.
You'll also love
- Raspberry Pie 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Creamy Avocado Rancho Dressing 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Roasted, Spiced, Almond-y... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- GRILLED STEAK AND ASPARAGUS WITH... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Saffron Roasted Cauliflower 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Beef & Black Bean Chili with... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Hawaiian Carrot Cake with Coconut... 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Lemony Lentil Soup 4.5/5 (6 Votes)