Italian Spinachy Chicken Linguine
Here's a dinner you can throw together in under an hour that tastes like comfort food but sneaks in some dark leafy greens for your health.
- 1 chicken breast
- Italian seasoning packet
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, plus extra to sprinkle on top
- 3 cups spinach
- 1 sprig vidalia onions
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 1/4 cup milk
- Linguine pasta
Cut the fat off the chicken and slice into 1 inch cubes. In a small bowl, toss with Italian seasoning and parmesan. Spray a baking sheet with olive oil cooking spray and spread all the chicken in the pan.
Turn the oven to 350. While it is preheating, slice the onions finely and saute in the oil for about a minute. Quickly whisk in the flour, then slowly add the milk until the sauce thickens. Stir in the spinach until it turns dark green. Immediately spoon the spinach mixture over the chicken and put it in the oven for 30 minutes.
15 minutes into the cooking time, start boiling a pot of water. Cook linguine for about 10 minutes, or until it is done. Drain and set aside until the chicken is done.
When chicken has cooked, toss with the linguine and serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Cornflake Tilapia 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Corn Casserole 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Olive Garden Pasta E Fagioli 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Macaroni and Cheese 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Penne with Sausage, Peppers, and... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Kale, Farro and Vegetable Salad 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Greek Spinach Pie 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Spinach Salad with Warm Bacon... 5/5 (1 Votes)