Italian Stracciatella with Mini Meatballs, Tender Cheese Tortellini and Baby Spinach
nadia g's bitchin kitchen
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Handful finely minced parsley
- Big pinch Greek oregano
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian-seasoned bread crumbs
- 4 ounces ground pork, Boston butt
- 4 ounces ground sirloin
- 6 cups 'Liquid Gold' chicken broth
- 1 cup mini cheese tortellini
- 1/2 egg, beaten
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- Handful freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 15mins
Adapted from cookingchanneltv.com
To make the meatballs: In a bowl, combine 1 egg, Parmesan cheese, parsley, Greek oregano, garlic, and Italian seasoned breadcrumbs. Mix together. Add the ground pork and sirloin, mix to incorporate the seasoning. Roll into tiny balls the size of marbles.
To make the soup: Bring the chicken broth to a simmer in a large pot over medium heat. Add the mini meatballs and tortellini. Simmer for 8 minutes. In a small bowl, beat together the egg and sea salt.
For the Stracciatella: Turn the heat to high, and bring the soup to a rolling boil. Slowly stream in 1/2 the beaten egg into the pot, while whisking soup vigorously with a fork.
Place a portion of the baby spinach in a soup bowl. Pour the hot soup over the spinach and top with freshly grated Parmesan.
You'll also love
- Slow Cooker Black Bean Mushroom... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Smoothie - banana, spinanch, PB 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Garlic Parmesan Monkey Bread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Corn Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Freezer meals: Baked Ziti 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cheese Tortellini in Light Broth 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Escarole and Beans 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spinach Strawberry Salad*** 0/5 (0 Votes)