Ranch House Crock Pot Pork Chops with Parmesan Mashed Potatoes
This is a hugely popular slow cooker recipe originating on Picky Palate's blog. By many who have made this, it's been suggested to add 2 cans of soup for additional gravy, but do NOT increase the Ranch Dressing Seasoning for it will become too intensely flavored. Many recipes are out there for roasting garlic. I simply put the cloves in a square of foil, drizzle with olive oil, seal and bake in a toaster oven for about 20 minutes or until soft and golden.
- 6 pork chops, 1/2 inch thick
- 1 packet dry Ranch dressing
- 10 ounce can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 4 pounds potatoes, peeled, cubed
- 5 tablespoons real butter
- 1 cup fresh Parmesan cheese, grated
- 6 cloves roasted garlic (directions are below)
- 1- 1 1/2 Cups warm skim milk (any milk will do, I used skim)
- 1 tablespoon salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper, or to taste
Place pork chops, Ranch seasoning and soup into a medium sized crock pot over high heat for 4 hours or low heat for 6 hours.
Place potatoes into a large pot of cold water. Place onto stove top over high heat and bring to a boil. Once water is boiling, cook for 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender. Drain and transfer to the work bowl of a stand or electric mixer. Mix on low until potatoes are mashed then add butter, Parmesan, garlic, milk, salt and pepper. Season to taste if needed. For thinner mashed potatoes add more milk, slowly until your desired consistency.
Scoop mashed potatoes onto serving plates and top with pork chops and soup gravy from crock pot. I put a little parsley on top to serve.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place bulb of garlic with skins on, wrap lightly in tin foil and bake for 1 hour. Remove from foil and let cool for 15 minutes. Remove garlic from skins, place in a bowl and mash with a fork until completely mashed. Set aside. One garlic bulb will have around 12 cloves.
You'll also love
- Strawberry Champagne Slushies 4.4/5 (28 Votes)
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Pie 4.2/5 (38 Votes)
- Roast Beef and Carmalized Onion... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Beef Brisket Bar-B-Q 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Butterflied Cuban Style Pork Chops 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Starbucks Pumpkin Scones 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Sunday Pork Roast 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Easy Scalloped Potatoes 4.7/5 (3 Votes)