Lemon Chicken and Artichokes
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 T. butter
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 t. dried oregano
- 1 t. dried basil
- 8 oz frozen artichoke hearts, cut in half and mostly thawed
- 1 T. capers, drained
- 2 fire roasted red peppers, chopped
- Juice of 4 lemons, plus zest of 2
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
In a large skillet, melt butter over medium high heat. Saute shallots for about 1 minute. Add garlic, chicken and seasonings and cook until chicken is browned on both sides. Add the rest of the ingredients and cook until the sauce comes to a full boil and starts to thicken.
Serve with your favorite side.