Dutch Oven Beef Roast with Onions
- 1 Tbsp olive oil ($.10)
- 1 (1 1/4 lb.) beef chuck roast ($3.26)
- 4 small white onions ($.80)
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar ($.03)
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar ($.05)
- 1 tsp basil leaves ($.05)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Adapted from 5dollardinners.com
Add olive oil to the Dutch oven and brown all sides of beef roast. Then add the sliced onions, sugar, balsamic and all the seasonings.
Turn heat to medium low and cover tightly. Let cook for about 2 hours, or until meat is cooked through and pulls apart easily.