Veal Pot Roast Recipe
This recipe is for a Crock Pot but it can also be cook in the Pressure Cooker with great results. Just adjust the times accordingly. Total cooking time should be about 1 hour.
- veal pot roast, about 3 to 4 pounds
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 medium onions, cut in quarters
- 4 stalks celery, cut in 1-inch chunks
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons plain flour
- 1/3 cup white wine
1. Brown the veal on all sides in the oil in a large skillet. Season to
taste with salt and pepper.
2. Put the vegetables into the crockpot; place veal roast on top. Pour the water into the skillet and scrape the bottom.
3. Cook over a low heat for one minute, then pour over the veal roast. 4. Cover and cook on theLOWfor 8 to 10 hours. Remove the meat and the vegetables from the crockpot and keep warm.
5. Melt the butter in a saucepan and stir in the flour.
6. Cook over a low heat until smooth and bubbly. Add the liquid from the
crockpot; stirring constantly, cook until thick and smooth. Add the wine and cook for 2 minutes longer.
7. Season to taste with salt and pepper then pour over the veal roast. Serves 8 to 10.