Asian Mochi Rolls 驴打滚儿
This is one of my favorite childhood desserts from Beijing, China. It is gluten-free and scrumptious end to any meal or it even makes a great snack after school. I made this easy version so that I can make it anytime I want. Most of the ingredients can be purchased in the Asian Grocery stores.
- 1 cup glutinous rice flour or mochiko
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 can red bean paste or koshian or kobashian
- 1/2 cup ground almond meal or soybean meal or peanut meal
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from aohmc.blogspot.com
Mix the glutinous rice flour, sugar, oil, and water in a medium bowl together. Whisk until well blended. Spray a 6x8-inch microwaveable container with no-stick cooking oil.
Pour 1/2 of the batter in the container. Microwave on high for 2 to 3 minutes or until the batter turns clear, solid, and there is no white liquid spots.
Place 1/2 cup of almond meal on a cutting board. While the mochi is warm, place mochi on the top of almond powder. Place about 1/4 cup red bean paste on the top of mochi, flatten with the back of a spoon, and roll.
Cool the mochi roll before cutting. Storage in a tight covered plastic container before serving.
You'll also love
- Pressure Cooker Maple Butter... 4.2/5 (18 Votes)
- Perfect Sugar Cookie Cut-outs 4.1/5 (19 Votes)
- 2-Ingredient Creamy Vanilla Rice... 4.2/5 (18 Votes)
- Paleo Yummy Sweet Potato Gnocchi 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Pan-Fried Pork Dumplings 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Lebanese Stuffed Grape Leaves 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Orange Dreamsicle Cake 4/5 (27 Votes)
- Spicy Chinese Shrimp and Sweet... 4.3/5 (6 Votes)