Seared Salmon with a Lemon -Chive Beurre Blanc
This classic sauce is made with a wine, vinegar and shallot reduction into which very small chunks of cold butter are whisked to make the sauce rich, thick and smooth. It is important to whisk the sauce vigorously while incorporating the butter. If you add the butter too quickly the sauce may separate. You can then try adding more cream as a thickener.
- 2 2 2 Tbsp finely minced shallot
- 2 2 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 2 2 Tbsp dry white wine
- 1 1 1 Tbsp whole white peppercorns, lightly crushed
- 1 1 1 Tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 8 8 1/4 1/2" (1 stick) cold, unsalted butter, cut into 1/4 - 1/2" pieces
- Kosher salt and freshly ground white pepper
- 2 2 2 Tbsp minced chives
- 1 1 1 Tbsp grated lemon zest
- 4 4 ounce) 4 (4-5 ounce) salmon fillets, pinbones removed
- 1 1 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1 1 Tbsp canola oil
Adapted from google.com
To prepare beurre blanc, place shallots, lemon juice, wine and peppercorns in a small skillet and stir to combine. Place over medium heat and reduce until almost dry. Strain reduced wine mixture through a fine mesh sieve into a medium saucepan. Stir in cream to cool.
Heat saucepan with wine mixture over medium-low heat and add butter pieces one at a time, whisking constantly to incorporate, until all butter has been added and sauce is thickened. Is sauce begins to simmer, remove pan from heat and add another piece of butter to cool.
Remove sauce from heat. Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed. Stir in chives and lemon zest. Keep warm until ready to use.
To prepare salmon, season fillets generously on both sides with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oils over medium-high heat until almost smoking. Sear salmon on both sides until lightly browned, about 2 to 3 minutes per side, flipping once with a fish spatula.
To serve, place each salmon fillet on an individual serving plate. Ladle 1 to 2 ounces of the beurre blanc over each fillet. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Herb-Roasted Cauliflower 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Homard en Croûte (Lobster Pot Pie) 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- RUSTIC SQUASH TARTS 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- GRILLED SHRIMP --MMMMM 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Flourless Apple-Pecan Torte 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Orange-Scented Sweet Potatoes 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Cedar Planked Salmon with Maple... 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Lemon Herb Panko Tilapia 4.4/5 (9 Votes)