Strawberry Coconut Tart
- 1 quart of fresh strawberries – remove stems
- 2 cups breakfast cereal – your favorite
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp. vanilla – optional
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- Dash of salt
Preparation time 60mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from livingthegourmet.blogspot.com
Heat a small saucepot with the sugar, water, salt and cornstarch. Stirring for five minutes or so until the mixture thickens and becomes clear, then add the vanilla.
Place the cereal and margarine in a food processor and process until smooth. Press into a pie dish. Arrange the strawberries to fill the pie dish and top with the shredded coconut and glaze.
Place in the refrigerator for at least one hour before serving.
Dust with powdered sugar before serving.
Serve with whip cream or ice cream.
You'll also love
- SWEET AND SOUR GROUND BEEF 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Bacon Waffles with Peanut... 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Broccoli and Cauliflower w/ Capers... 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
- 5 Flavor Pound Cake 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Moroccan Lentil Soup 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Apple Granola Muffins 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Jalapeño Cranberry, Goat Cheese &... 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Cranberry Upside-Down Cake 4.4/5 (10 Votes)