- 1 c. butter
- 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 1 t. lemon extract
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 t. salt
- Garnish: powdered sugar
Adapted from gooseberrypatch.com
Cream together butter and sugar; add extract.
In a separate bowl, sift flour and salt together; add to butter mixture, mixing well.
Form into balls, using level teaspoonfuls of dough. Flatten balls slightly. Place one inch apart on ungreased baking sheets.
Bake at 350 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool.
Put cookies together in pairs with Lemon Butter Filling in between.
Roll in powdered sugar.
Lemon Butter Filling:
1 egg, lightly beaten
zest of 1 lemon
3 T. lemon juice
2/3 c. sugar
1-1/2 T. butter, softened
Combine all ingredients in the top of a double boiler. Cook over hot water until thick, stirring constantly. Let cool.
Makes 2 1/2 to 3 dozen.
You'll also love
- Warm Butternut Squash Salad with... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- BEEF FAJITA 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Baked Potato Pizza 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- APPLE CIDER BRINE 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Fish: Salmon With Sriracha Sauce... 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Baked Orange French Toast with... 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Chocolate Lemon Blueberry Biscotti 4.7/5 (3 Votes)