Cheese Salmon Bake
From Good Housekeeping Cookbook 1963
- 2 tablesp. butter or margarine
- 2 tablesp. flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1-lb. can salmon, drained and flaked
- 8-oz. pkg. medium noodles (2 cups)
- 1/2 lb. processed sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 teasp. salt
- 1/2 teasp. pepper
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
1. Start heating oven to 375* F. Grease a 1 qt. casserole.
2. In saucepan melt butter; add flour, stirring until blended, smooth. Slowly add milk, stirring constantly to avoid lumps. Cook, stirring until smooth and thickened.
3. To salmon, add uncooked noodles, cheese, salt, pepper and sauce; combine thoroughly. Pour into casserole. Bake 30 minutes., or until set. Makes 4 servings.