Chorizo, Chicken & Shrimp Faux Paella
Had all these ingredients in the house and thought "how about paella or creole" so here's what I came up with,
- 5-6 slices of slab bacon
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 red or green pepper chopped
- 2 small hot peppers chopped
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- 3 scallions with green top sliced
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 tsp dried shallots (or 1 shallot chopped)
- 2 tbsp dried roasted tomatoes (or 2 roma tomatoes chopped)
- 5-6 links of chorizo
- bay leaf
- 3 tsp Sazon seasoning
- 1 tsp any type Creole seasoning
- 3 boneless & skinless chicken breasts
- (season with black pepper, salt, garlic powder and smoked paprika)
- 2 cups rice
- 1 can (14.5) oz chicken broth
- 5 cups water
- 1 envelope of chicken boost
- 1 can of cannelini beans drained
- 1 lbs of shrimp (I used the really small one) (medium size)
Preparation time 45mins
Cooking time 120mins
1. In 6 quart stock pot, cook bacon till crispy, remove and drain-set aside.
2. In bacon grease, add onion, red pepper, hot pepper, garlic, scallion, celery, shallots and tomatoes, saute till tender.
3. As it is sauting, add bay leaf, sazon and creole seasoning, mixing in well.
4. Cut up chorizo into small chunks and cook.
5. In skillet, cook chicken and season each side, cook till no longer pink, remove. cut into small cubes.
6. Add rice, broth, water and chicken boost, bring to a boil.
7. Lower heat to medium and add chicken, beans and shrimp.
8. Crumble bacon and return to pot.
9. Cover and lower heat to medium low and cook till rice is cooked.
10. Add more broth or water if needed.
You'll also love
- Desert: Blackberry Pie Bars 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Shrimp and Pesto Pizza with Goat... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Tomato-less Rustic... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Seafood Newburg 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Kielbasa & Sauerkraut & Apples ... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Crab Mac and Cheese "Lollipops" 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Baked Ziti with Sausage and... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Sunset Orzo with Spanish Shrimp 4.5/5 (13 Votes)