- 2 lbs of frozen shrimp, cooked & coarsely chopped
- 8 oz crab meat, thawed, drained & diced
- 8 oz lobster meat, thawed, drained & diced
- 4 tablespoons sherry
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/2 stick butter (12 tablespoons)
- 2/3 cup of flour
- 4 cups of half & half
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
Mix seafood with sherry, lemon juice and nutmeg.
Cover and refrigerate for a few hours.
Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat
Blend in flour, then stir in half & half. Add salt and continue cooking and stirring until thickened, about 15 - 20 minutes. Combine beaten egg yolks with the heavy cream, Add to the sauce, stirring constantly. Add cheese. Continue to cook, stirring, until well blended and cheese is melted. Add the seafood with its marinade. Heat thoroughly, about 10 minutes longer. Serve over patty shells, rice or toast points. If too thick, thin with a little milk.
Serves 8 12