Crab Stuffed Peppers
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 serrano peppers
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 8 ounces crab meat, shredded
- 5 ounces goat cheese
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup Panko
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay seasoning
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 4 large long sweet peppers
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped basil, divided
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Juice from half a lemon
Adapted from foodgawker.com
1. Heat a pan to medium heat and add olive oil.
2. Add serranoes and onion and cook about 5 minutes to soften.
3. Add garlic and cook another minute, until fragrant.
4. Cool and put in a mixing bowl.
5. Add crab meat, cheeses, Panko, Old Bay, salt, and about half of the fresh basil.
6. Stir to combine.
7. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
8. Slice each sweet pepper in half lengthwise and scoop out.
9. Stuff each pepper with the crab mixture and sprinkle with dried basil.
10. Set onto a lightly oiled baking sheet.
11. Bake 20-25 minutes.
12. While the peppers are baking, add butter, lemon juice and remaining basil to a small pot. Heat on low until butter melts, stir to combine.
13. Drizzle the Lemon-Basil Butter over the peppers and serve.