Porcini-Crusted Cod with Thyme-Butter Sauce
Porcini-Crusted Cod with Thyme-Butter Sauce is the healthy recipes that is worth 7 Weight Watchers Smart Points and that's perfect for serving a single person on any busy weeknight, so ditch the takeout menu and make this recipe instead. Serve this recipe with mashed potatoes, fluffy rice pilaf, roasted or steamed vegetables, or a lightly dressed spring salad.
- 1 1/2 1 1/2 1/2 tablespoons dried porcini mushrooms, crumbled
- 1 1 1 (5-ounce) uncooked Pacific cod, skinless
- 1/4 1/4 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 1 1 1 pinch table salt
- 1/8 1/8 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 1 1/2 1/2 tablespoon white wine, dry variety
- 1 1 1 tablespoon canned chicken broth
- 3/4 3/4 3/4 teaspoon fresh thyme, minced
- 1 1 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from google.com
Place mushrooms in a spice grinder or food processor, and pulse until finely ground. Sprinkle cod with ground mushrooms, salt, and black pepper.
Heat oil in small skillet over medium-high heat. Add cod and cook, turning once, just until opaque in center, about 6 minutes. Transfer cod to plate.
Add wine, broth, and thyme to skillet; bring to boil and cook, stirring constantly, until reduced to 1 tablespoon. Remove skillet from heat and swirl in butter. Pour sauce over fish and serve immediately.