Pork Chop Pear Skillet
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons water, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Dash ground ginger
- 1 medium ripe pear, sliced
- 2 bone-in pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon cornstarch
In a small bowl, combine the pineapple juice, honey, 1 tablespoon water, lemon juice and ginger. Stir in pear slices; set aside. In a skillet over medium-high heat, brown pork chops in oil on both sides. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Reduce heat. Pour pear mixture over chops. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until meat juices run clear.
Remove pork and pears with a slotted spoon and keep warm. Combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth; stir into cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Serve over pork and pears.
Yield: 2 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (702 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (487 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (287 Votes)