Squid Ink Pasta with Asparagus
- 1/2 cup evoo
- 1/2 lb shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 lb thin asparagus, tips reserved, spears cut into pieces
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 Tbsp champagne vinegar
- 1 lb Squid Ink pasta, linguine or tagliatelle
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche
- 2 Tbsp snipped chives
- 2 Tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1 Tbsp tarragon, chopped
- 1/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- parmigiano reggiano, freshly grated, for serving
1. In a very large, deep skillet, heat 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp of the oil. Add the shallots and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until softened, 8 minutes. Add the asparagus spears, garlic and crushed red pepper, season with salt and cook until the asparagus is crisp-tender, 3 minutes. Add the wine and vinegar and cook until nearly evaporated, 2 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a pot of salted boiling water, cook the pasta until al dente. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup of the cooking water. Add the pasta, water, creme fraiche, chives, parsley and tarragon to the skillet, keep warm.
3. In a medium skillet, heat 1 Tbsp of the oil. Add the asparagus tips, season with salt and cook over high heat until crisp-tender, 3 minutes. Add the asparagus tips to the pasta and toss.
4. In the skillet, heat the remaining 1 Tbsp of oil. Add the bread crumbs and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until golden. Sprinkle over the pasta and serve, passing grated parmigiano at the table.
You'll also love
- Squid Ink Giant Raviolo 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Breaded Tomatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Green tomato mustard pickles 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Olive Garden Shrimp Primavera 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sinigang Salmon Belly/Bangus... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Velveeta Tuna and Noodles 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baked Ziti with Turkey Sausage 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken Dana 0/5 (0 Votes)