- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1/4 C milk
- 5 or 6 medium peaches
- 3 eggs, at room temp.
- 1 1/4 C sugar
- 2 t baking powder
- 1/4 t salt
- 2 1/2 C cake flour (not self-rising)
- 1 pint blueberries, rinsed and patted dry
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 21mins
Adapted from womansday.com
1. Heat oven to 350. Lightly grease a 10-inch tube pan (with or without removable bottom).
2. Heat butter and milk in a small saucepan over medium heat until butter melts. Remove from heat.
3. Fill a medium saucepan 3/4 full of water and bring to a boil. Fill a large bowl with ice-cold water. Add peaches to boiling water for about 30 seconds. Remove with slotted spoon and immerse briefly in the cold water. Peel, halve and pit peaches, then cut into 1/2-inch pieces.
4. Beat eggs and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer until thick and pale, about 5 minutes. With mixer on low speed, beat in baking powder and salt until blended. Add flour in 2 additions, alternately with the warm butter mixture. Fold in peaches and blueberries just until blended. Scrape into prepared pan and smooth top.
5. Bake 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a pick inserted in center comes out clean.
6. Remove pan to a wire rack. Let cake cool completely in pan. Run a thin sharp knife around edge of pan and tube. Invert cake on rack, then place top side up on serving plate.
You'll also love
- HOT CRABBIES 0/5 (0 Votes)
- New England Crab Dip 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Dehydrate Green Beans for a Snack... 2.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Zucchini Bread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baked Tilapia with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Old Fashioned Date Loaf Candy 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Frozen White Chocolate & Raspberry... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sauerkraut and Cranberry Meatballs 0/5 (0 Votes)