Lobster Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms
- 4 large portobello mushrooms
- 5 to 10 strands saffron
- 2 cups white wine
- 2 cups lobster or crab meat, about 2 tails
- 1 3/4 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan and pecorino Romano, mixed
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 to 6 (1/8-inch thick) mozzarella slices
1. Preheat oven to 300*
2. Using a tablespoon, clean out the gills of portobello mushrooms, leaving only the caps. Chop up the stems and place aside to be later added to the stuffing.
3. Heat a medium saucepan, when hot add saffron, and toast quickly for only a few seconds.
4. Immediately add the wine, and stir gently with a wooden spoon.
5. Let wine and saffron mixture cook for about 2 to 5 minutes or until it begins to steam.
6. Add lobster meat and let simmer about 5 minutes; the meat will acquire an orange tint from the saffron.
7. Stir in bread crumbs, mushroom stems, Parmesan and pecorino Romano, until thick.
8. Add heavy cream and mix well.
9. Spoon stuffing into the mushroom caps and cover with a slice of mozzarella.
10. Place on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil and sprayed with non-stick spray.
11. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Serving size: 1/4 of a recipe (9.1 ounces).
Percent daily values based on the Reference Daily Intake (RDI) for a 2000 calorie diet.
Nutrition information calculated from recipe ingredients. 4 of the recipe's ingredients were not linked. These ingredients are not included in the recipe nutrition data.
Amount Per Serving
Calories From Fat (45%) 257.41
% Daily Value
Total Fat 29.41g 45%
Saturated Fat 17.3g 87%
Cholesterol 100.18mg 33%
Sodium 1127.47mg 47%
Potassium 273.49mg 8%
Total Carbohydrates 41.47g 14%
Fiber 2.57g 10%
Protein 15.6g 31%
You'll also love
- Scalloped Potatoes with Creme... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Skillet Pasta Roma 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Broccoli Casarole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tuna in Panka Spicy Coat 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Seafood - Shrimp Newburg (Recipe... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lobster Pot Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- No Peek Chicken Pot 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lobster & Scallops with Saffron,... 0/5 (0 Votes)