Sauerkraut and Cranberry Meatballs
- 3 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 (2.4-ounce) packages dry onion soup mix
- 1 1/2 cups dry bread crumbs, soaked in 1 1/2 cups water
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (16-ounce) package refrigerated sauerkraut, drained
- 1 (16-ounce) can whole cranberry sauce
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle chili sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup water
In mixing bowl combine ground beef, soup mix, prepared bread crumbs and eggs. Mix well and form into 2-inch diameter meat balls. Place in a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan
Meanwhile, combine sauerkraut, cranberry sauce, chili sauce, brown sugar and water in medium sauce pan; bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
Pour sauerkraut mixture over meatballs and bake, uncovered, at 350°F (175°C) for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.