Blueberry Snack Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
In a large bowl, combine flour and sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly; set aside 3/4 cup for topping. Beat in the baking powder, milk and egg yolks to remaining mixture until well combined. Beat egg whites until soft peaks form; fold into batter.
Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with blueberries and reserved crumb mixture. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
Yield: 15-18 servings.
Editor's Note: If using frozen blueberries, use without thawing to avoid discoloring the batter.
You'll also love
- Dehydrate Green Beans for a Snack... 2.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Zucchini Bread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baked Tilapia with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Old Fashioned Date Loaf Candy 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Frozen White Chocolate & Raspberry... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sauerkraut and Cranberry Meatballs 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Dr. Weil's Blueberry Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)