Dr. Weil's Blueberry Pie
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- Juice of 1/2 fresh lemon
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch or arrowroot powder
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 baked Easy Pie Crust (1/2 the recipe)
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from drweil.com
1. Heat the blueberries in a saucepan over medium heat until they begin to boil. Simmer gently for 10 minutes.
2. Add the sugar, lemon juice, and cinnamon, and cook for another 2 minutes.
3. Mix the cornstarch or arrowroot well with the water, and pour mixture into the simmering blueberries while stirring. Cook, stirring, until mixture becomes clear and thick. Continue to cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat and cool.
4. Spoon mixture into the pie crust and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.