Paleo Broccoli & Cauliflower Soup
By Kathy C.
"Recipe Update: This is another hit from “Practical Paleo.” I do not follow the paleo diet FYI. I simply enjoy finding healthier recipes that use real ingredients and more fruits and vegetables that seem so desperately needed in the American diet."
- 2 2 2 cups broccoli, steamed and chopped
- 2 2 2 cups cauliflower, steamed and chopped
- 1 1 1 cup chicken broth
- 4-6 4-6 4-6 cloves of roasted garlic
- 4-6 4-6 4-6 slices of bacon
Adapted from whisktogether.wordpress.com
1. Use steam bags for the broccoli and cauliflower, or do what I did and use whole broccoli heads and cauliflower chopped up. It took me 1 – 14 ounce package of broccoli crowns and less than 1 head of cauliflower to make the 2 cups for each vegetable. I steamed them in my steamer bowl in the microwave, but a steaming basket on the stove works as well.
2. Cook the bacon in the microwave, stovetop or oven.
3. The chicken broth and vegetables need pureed. I did this with my immersion blender on LOW. (If you use it on HIGH, then you will get a mess. Believe me.) Or you can put 2 cups of veggies and 1/2 cup of broth in a blender or food processor and process until smooth. Repeat with the rest of the broth, vegetables AND roasted garlic this time. Pour all of it into a large soup pot and heat through over medium or medium low heat.
4. Salt and pepper to taste.
5. When serving, place the soup in the soup bowl and crumble bacon on top. Cheddar cheese is also yummy.
Recipe from Practical Paleo
You'll also love
- Turkey Meatball Soup 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Garlic Ginger Bok Choy Sauté 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Bob Evans Sausage Cranberry... 4.2/5 (28 Votes)
- Quick Spinach and Barley Soup 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Skillet Beef and Broccoli Ramen 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Chicken Broccoli Casserole... 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Honey Dijon Brussel Sprouts Over... 4.3/5 (10 Votes)