Baby Red Potato Salad Recipe
Baby Red Potatoes are a good choice for Potato Salad because they stay firm when cooking. Nobody likes a mushy Potato Salad.
- 3 Pounds Baby Red Potatoes
- 1 Cup Finely Diced Celery
- 1/2 Cup Diced Green Onion
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Dill
- 1/2 Cup Mayo
- 1/4 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/3 Cup Milk
- 2 1/2 Teaspoons Spicy Brown Mustard
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup White Vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Salt & Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Adapted from hotdishhomemaker.com
1. Wash the Potatoes and cut them into bite size pieces. Place them into a large kettle and add enough COLD water to cover the potatoes.
2. Bring the water to a boil and then keep an eye on the Potatoes. Use a sharp paring knife to check for doneness. You will know they are done when you poke a Potato with the knife and the Potato slides off the knife. It is key to get the correct doneness on the Potatoes. You don’t want them undercooked, and if you overcook them, they will sort of explode in the pan and be mushy.
3. When the Potatoes are done, drain them but DO NOT RINSE them, and then place them in a large bowl and set aside.
4. In a small mixing bowl whisk together the Olive Oil, Mustard, and Vinegar. Pour this mixture over the Potatoes while they are still warm and stir delicately with a rubber spatula. Now set the bowl aside for 20 minutes.
5. After 20 minutes whisk together the Milk, Mayo, Yogurt, Garlic and Salt & Pepper. Pour mixture over the Potatoes. Add the Green Onion, Dill and Celery then stir with a rubber spatula making sure all pieces are coated with the dressing.
6. Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
You can store any leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.