“Light” Carrot & Raisin Breakfast Muffins
These low calorie carrot and raisin muffins are big on flavor. Serve with cream cheese or honey and enjoy!
- 3/4 cup spelt flour or unprocessed bran
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk or milk with 1 tablespoon white vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 carrots, grated
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 25mins
Preheat Oven 350°F.
Prepare muffin tins with butter.
In a large bowl, combine all of the above ingredients and mix with a spoon.
Bake the muffins 15 to 20 minutes or until toothpick test comes out clean.
Serve with cream cheese or honey.
You'll also love
- Chicken Bagel Sandwiches with... 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- MISO-GINGER MARINATED GRILLED... 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Bacon and Egg Sandwiches with... 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Spring Rhubarb Mojito 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Low Carb Macadamia-Coconut Brittle 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Lemon Chicken Thighs 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Old Bay Green Beans 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Pear & Blue Cheese Flatbread 4.5/5 (8 Votes)