“Light” Carrot & Raisin Breakfast Muffins
These low calorie carrot and raisin muffins are big on flavor. Serve with cream cheese or honey and enjoy!
- 3/4 cup spelt flour or unprocessed bran
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk or milk with 1 tablespoon white vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 carrots, grated
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 25mins
Preheat Oven 350°F.
Prepare muffin tins with butter.
In a large bowl, combine all of the above ingredients and mix with a spoon.
Bake the muffins 15 to 20 minutes or until toothpick test comes out clean.
Serve with cream cheese or honey.
You'll also love
- Kabocha Squash Bites Recipe 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Steak-House Sliders with Mushrooms... 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- Roasted Tomato Soup 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Papaya (or Mango) Bread 3.8/5 (150 Votes)
- Old Bay Green Beans 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Sausage and Stuffing Casserole 3.9/5 (20 Votes)
- Tomato Avocado Burgers 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Pear & Blue Cheese Flatbread 4.5/5 (8 Votes)