Kabocha Squash Bites Recipe
Make these Kabocha Squash Bites as a healthy alternative to tator tots. I leave the skin on so they can be eaten as finger food. Dip them in ketchup or your favorite sauce. A great way to get the kids to eat Squash!
- 1 Kabocha Squash
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Coarse Kosher Salt, or Sea Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Cajun Spice
Adapted from hotdishhomemaker.com
1.Wash the outside of the Squash and allow to dry.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
3. Cut the Squash in half and scoop out the seeds. Cut the Squash into one inch chunks.
4. Place the Squash on a baking sheet and sprinkle with the Olive Oil and then sprinkle the Squash with Cajun Spice and the Salt, add a bit more if you like. Stir to coat all the pieces of Squash.
5. Place the Squash in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, then turn the pieces and cook for another 15 minutes or until the Squash is fork tender and slightly brown.
6. Remove from oven and serve! You can sprinkle a bit more Salt on the Squash prior to serving, just be sure no to overdo it.
Recipe by: Hot Dish Homemaker