Steak-House Sliders with Mushrooms and Blue Cheese
(You will find thing's you do not find here, there) Follow or friend me on Facebook for even more recipe's,etc: https://www.facebook.com/carilynn71 ♥Delish Dish♥ at Facebook Groups https://www.facebook.com/groups/Creates/ ♥Delish Dish♥ at Tumblr http://delishdishs.tumblr.com/
- 1 pounds ground beef sirloin
- 1/2 pounds ground beef chuck
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoons chopped thyme leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic paste, or half that amount fresh garlic crushed through a garlic press
- 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, cut into thin strips
- 1 packages (8-ounce) sliced fresh cremini mushrooms
- 1/3 cups dry white wine
- 8 slider buns, split
- 3 tablespoons creamy mustard spread (such as Dijonnaise)
- 1 cups baby arugula
- 3 ounces creamy blue cheese or Gorgonzola cheese, cut into small pieces
In a large bowl, gently combine ground sirloin, ground chuck, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, 1/2 tsp of the garlic paste (or 1/4 tsp of the fresh garlic), salt, and pepper. Form into eight 2 1/2-inch-diameter patties of equal thickness; refrigerate.
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add onions and sauté for 4 minutes or until translucent. Add mushrooms and sauté for 4 more minutes. Stir in remaining garlic. Deglaze skillet with wine; let wine cook down until almost evaporated. Remove pan from heat and keep it warm.
Prepare an outdoor grill with a medium-hot fire (or heat a stovetop grill pan over medium heat). Toast buns on grill 1 to 2 minutes, until lightly toasted. Grill sliders 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium-rare doneness.
Spread bun bottoms with Dijonnaise, then top with arugula and sliders. Spoon the mushroom mixture over each slider and top with blue cheese and bun tops.