Apple Cinnamon Pork Chops
- 2-4 boneless pork chops (example: butterfly cut)
- 2 apples, peeled, sliced (Granny Smith are good)
- 1 can frozen apple juice concentrate
- 1 cup applesauce
- nutmeg (optional)
- salt and pepper
- potatoes cut coarsely in chunks
- 1 heavy bottomed deep frying pan and lid
Cut the potatoes and set aside; peel and slice apples and set aside.
Heat the frying pan WITHOUT OIL (do not use oil in this recipe). Sprinkle salt, pepper, cinnamon and nutmeg on 1 side of the pork chops.
Place the seasoned side down on the hot pan and sear the meat for 1-2 minutes.
Meanwhile, season the side face up with salt, pepper, cinnamon, nutmeg. Flip the chops and sear the side you just seasoned for 1 minute.
Now add the can of apple juice and apple sauce, being sure to scrape loose the fried bits (fond) which is stuck to the pan - this adds extra flavor.
Add the apples and potatoes. Put the lid on.
Cook until apples and potatoes have become tender.
You'll also love
- Sweet & Sour Shrimp 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Salmon Tartare 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Panama Pork Stew 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sweet & Sour Green Beans 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Fingering Potatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Corn Cakes with Avocado Cilantro... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pork Chops, Italian-Style Skillet 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Triple Citrus Cheesecake 0/5 (0 Votes)