Chef Guy Fieri's Queso Dip
Spice your party up with this Chef Guy Fieri's Queso Dip recipe! Perfect for dipping veggies, crackers or tortilla chips.
- 6 ounces fresh Mexican chorizo (about 2 links)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tabelspoons flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups Mexican Style Four Cheese, finely shredded
- 1/2 medium vidalia onion, sliced
- 1 medium red pepper, sliced
- 2 green onions plus extra for garnish, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
Preparation time 40mins
Cooking time 80mins
Remove casings from chorizo. (If using the harder cured chorizo, slice into chunks and chop in food processor.) Cook chorizo in a large pan with olive oil over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes.
Add flour to the pan and stir to make a roux. Gradually add milk while stirring with a whisk to avoid lumps. Add cumin, nutmeg, salt and pepper then simmer for 2-3 minutes. Add cheese and stir until fully melted. Cover and keep warm.
Set cast iron griddle pan over high heat. Brush onions and peppers with a little oil and grill 2-3 minutes so they are nicely charred. Season with salt and pepper.
Transfer to a cutting board and roughly chop vegetables. Fold into the cheese mixture along with green onions and stir. Garnish with paprika and more green onions. Serve with crackers.